Brand Revitalization Design Challenge
DuPont Corian Brand Status: High Brand Awareness, Low Brand & Category RelevanceDuPont Corian was a 50-year-old brand with almost universal awareness in interior surfaces and strong brand equity, but had become a dated, heritage brand and the “generic” in its category, solid surfaces. Newer, more popular surfacing materials had become the gold standard and the brand was losing relevance.
Client GoalsA revitalized Corian global brand platform, visual identity and brand architecture which would elevate the stature of the brand.
GBR Services Employed
- B2B and B2C quantitative and qualitative brand equity and segmentation research
- Revised Brand Platform / Positioning
- Brand Architecture
- New Visual Brand Identity System
Our Solution: Reinvent Corian as a Timeless Brand in the World of DesignThe Corian brand is not about “Fashion” or “Style”, which come and go with trends; we needed to create the new Corian brand as a timeless brand in the world of Design, always current, relevant, and evolving, showcasing an amazing range of materials, finished products, systems and design solutions. The new Corian Brand Architecture created a strong endorsing brand that leverages its size, awareness, history and strength to drive innovation and differentiation into the Surfaces market.
What We Did
- Defined the brand’s core targets in both the Residential and Commercial spaces
- Identified and addressed the brand’s “perception gaps” through a new brand platform
- Created a new frame of reference, “Corian Design” for the brand that would reframe the brand and its category
- Created a strategic and visual brand architecture that would unify, strengthen and modernize the brand
New Brand Platform, centered on the idea that “Corian Makes Your Space”
New Logo and Visual Identity System, directly tied to the Brand Platform
In the Words of Our Client
The Brand Rejuvenation work is the centerpiece of our Future”
— Harwood A. Johnson, DuPont de Nemours
- Client DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Office North Carolina, US
- Sector Industrial & Ingredient Brands Consumer Goods
- Partners Lisa Craig, Marco Barel