DuPont Kevlar and Nomex
United Brand Front Design Challenge
DuPont™ Kevlar® and DuPont™ Nomex®: Architecture for Consistency and to Showcase InnovationDuPont Kevlar and DuPont Nomex are known the world over for the role they play in performance and protection – whether they’re keeping firefighters safe in burning buildings, insulating complex systems, or protecting military troops in the line of fire. Because the brands operate across a wide range of industries, their architectures and product brand names had become disconnected, and DuPont knew it needed to consolidate its brand architectures and create new product brand names that could work across sectors, creating greater consistency and allowing the brands to showcase innovative new product lines.
Client GoalsSimple but robust Brand Architectures plus new names as needed, to accommodate both current and future Kevlar and Nomex brand portfolios.
GBR Services Employed
- Brand Architecture
- Brand Naming
Our Solution: Balance Brand Simplicity with Product ComplexityWe created two intuitive brand architecture and naming systems that are customer and consumer-friendly and which easily communicate the relative positioning and benefits for each product in the portfolio and which will allow each of these heritage brands to communicate significant new innovations.
What We Did
- Worked across DuPont business units to map the current and future product portfolios of each brand in each segment, including Defense, Insulation, Thermal Apparel and Worker Protection
- Identified 3 brand architecture alternatives for each brand and optimized the chosen frameworks
- Created simple naming systems for each of the brand which would enable intuitive customer and consumer understanding of the brand’s product offering
- Linked internal product naming conventions with the new architecture to enable a seamless transition
Competitive Brand Architecture Assessments
A Review of Brand Architecture Best Practices
Multiple Brand Architecture Options
A New Architecture to Get the Job Done
- Client DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Office South Carolina, USA
- Sector B2B & Industrial Products
- Partner Lisa Craig